PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, January 1

Entering 2011!!

We finally enter year 2011!!! 2010 really passed waaaay too quickly. Anyway, it feels no different, really. I was a bit excited within the last minute leading up to midnight of I.1.11, but after the next ten minutes, I felt nothing much really went on. Just watched a bunch of fireworks on TV. 

My New Year's resolution is... wait, I haven't thought of that yet! I rarely make resolutions, frankly. But I'll just make one this year - just for the sake of this crappy blog post. 
My New Year's Resolution is to SWIM MORE OFTEN
Translation: A year for new beginnings!
Anyway, I promised previous day I'd blog about the highlights of 2010, and the expectations for 2011! So here it is. I've no idea what about 2011 I can anticipate, save for movies! And there are A LOT of movies I'd love to watch this year! 

First recap of 2010... Emma Watson's life-changing (I exaggerate), totally first of the firsts haircut after shooting for the final Potter movies wrapped! From this... (seen: Burberry advert shoot!)
...to this! I admit, I was a bit shocked when I first saw her new boyish cut... but she still looks awesome and as pretty as always. She's probably my fave girl celeb, after Selena Gomez I s'pose!
Next, the memorable "water bottle" toss at Justin Bieber's head... nearly! It so happens it wasn't a water bottle at all, but a T-shirt that says 'I love JB' and Bieber's fave candy Sour Patch Kids! This is the original video... but it plays back the same HILARIOUS scene coupla times, and the final in slo-mo!!

...And you def can't forget the infamous, recent Miley salvia-smoking-with-a-bong video! *SMH* What a complete letdown to her [remaining] young fans. Lol. The first vid below is a full-length HIGHlarious video of Miley 'taking a trip' after smoking from the bong! The vid following that is a more recent one. The same "friends" who were with Miley in the aforementioned video mock Miley on a bong video, with a suh-weet song. That girl is a pretty swell singer.

I got a pocketfull of sunshine! My absolute fave scene in Easy A! One of my favorite movies of all time this year... Emma Stone is too hilarious.
The famous merengue-dancing dog of 2010! Music: El Hombre Latino by Coco Band!
One of the cutest animated movies in 2010 was 'Despicable Me'! I watched only 'cos Steve Carrell and Miranda Cosgrove were voicing in it! Miranda plays Margo, the big sister with the glasses, in this film. Agnes is one of the cutest characters of Disney movies, right after Boo from Monsters Inc.!
I love this GIF. IT'S SO FLUFFY!
A whole slew of Despicable Me GIF comic! Agnes is too adorbs!
I think that's about it for 2010! Now on to my anticipated movies for 2011! Includes movie trailers, lots of fast craptalk, probably unreliable movie release dates and meaningless stuff you might hardly care about.

Here are a list of movies that premiere in 2011, with the release dates beside each one, and a short li'l footnote at the end of each! 
Restless, March 11 2011
- Starring Mia Wasikowska (Alice in Wonderland) and Henry Hopper (he looks a lot like William Moseley to me!). I'm watching this just for this pairing alone!
- Your typical terminally-ill girl-meets-boy who likes to attend funerals movie
- Includes the ghost of a kamikaze pilot from the World War II
- Worth-watching factor: ★★★★☆

Kung Fu Panda 2, May 27 2011
- Starring Jack Black with the usual all-star cast set to reprise their roles!
- I'm predicting it'd be a lot like the first one, a kick-ass panda and all that... but hey, it's guaranteed to be a hilarious animation film!
- Worth-watching factor: ★★★★☆
I Am Number Four, February 18 2011
- Starring Alex Pettyfer (Number Four) and his character's love interest played by Dianna Agron (Glee)! She's the reason I'll be watching this sci-fi flick!
- To simply break it down, based on a planned series of books, Number One, Two, and Three are killed by some invading aliens. Number Four hides on Earth, disguised as an American high schooler. He meets sweet Mid-western Sarah (Agron) and now has something to stand up and fight for.
- Worth-watching factor: ★★★☆☆ (unless you are a hardcore sci-fi lover!)

Red Riding Hood, March 11 2011
- Starring Amanda Seyfried as Red Riding (Valerie), Gary Oldman, Billy Burke (Twilight)!
- Directed by Catherine Hardwicke of the first Twilight film
- The movie's set in a medieval village haunted by a werewolf, Red Riding Hood falls for an orphaned woodcutter, much to her family's displeasure.
- I'm only watching this 'cos Seyfried's the lead character! 
- Worth-watching factor: ★★★☆☆

Monte Carlo, July 1 2011
- Starring Selena Gomez, Leighton Meester (Gossip Girl), Katie Cassidy, Cory Monteith (Glee). My fave all-star cast! 
- Sisters (Selena and Leighton) and friend saves up, and winds up on a disastrous holiday in Paris who get mistaken for heiresses and swept off to live the high life in Monte Carlo.  
- Worth-watching factor: ★★★★★ (I'm being biased here.)
- No trailer released yet, sadly.

Sucker Punch, March 25 2011
- Starring Emily Browning, Vanessa Hudgens, Jamie Chung, Abbie Cornish, Jena Malone
- The film follows a young girl in the 1950s about to be lobotomized as she attempts to escape an asylum with her inmate friends, where they go into an alternative reality full of guns and dragons and planes and macguffins.
- Director Zack Snyder has described the film as "Alice in Wonderland with machine guns"... Perfect!
- I've watched the trailer more than tens of times. It's epic. Plus, I'm so excited to see Emily Browning in a new flick! It's been awhile since her last acting stint in 'A Series of Unfortunate Events'!
- Worth-watching factor: ★★★★★

Hanna, April 8 2011
- Starring Saoirse Ronan (The Lovely Bones, Atonement, City of Ember), Cate Blanchett and Eric Bana. 
- Raised by her father, an ex-CIA man, in the wilds of Finland, Hanna's upbringing and training have been one and the same, all geared to making her the perfect assassin. The turning point in her adolescence is a sharp one; sent into the world by her father on a mission, Hanna journeys stealthily across Europe while eluding agents dispatched after her by a ruthless intelligence operative with secrets of her own. As she nears her ultimate target, Hanna faces startling revelations about her existence and unexpected questions about her humanity.
- Worth-watching factor: ★★★★★ (I love Saoirse Ronan, so this is a biased rating too...)
To view more movies that are set to release this year in 2011, click HERE!

And to get you further pumped up for 2011, here are a bunch of too-cute-for-your-eyes animals (and Totoro and a couple of soft toys)! I've no idea how they'd relate, but whatevs.
Suh-weet. I hope that wasn't the lion tricking the zebra so it could devour the latter.
Bambi in your hands. The world is complete.
This fluffball. I can just cuddle this thing to death!! *hastily* Just an expression.

“Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right.”
- Oprah Winfrey
Share

0 ridiculously, rad comments:

Post a Comment

Comment freely, let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails