PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, March 11

Red Riding Hood Review

All righty, this is gonna be a fast post. I'm so not feeling up to reverting back to this daily posting promise, even though it's the holidays now. It's rough, it takes up quite some time every single day, and probably close to none read them anyway. So I shall ask, what's the point??!

Anyway, anyway! Met up with Bec again and headed to Vivs (again) to catch a movie (double again!) there! Red Riding Hood this time! We might have missed approximately ten minutes of it mid-movie, but I'll be on to that later, but I still loved it! It was a complete thriller and fantasy flick. There was not as much romance (which is not a bad thing!) as I thought there would be, just li'l bits and pieces here and there, so that was fine. But it was a rollercoaster ride for me (and my ever-pounding heart), especially during the climax. I'm not gonna include spoilers or whatsoever here, since it just premiered today.  But all I have to say is, I had the hardest time trying to figure out who in the movie really was the werewolf that was tearing the little town apart! There were so many suspects, and each one came rushing in so fast I had a tough time keeping track! I loved Amanda Seyfried as Valerie, a.k.a the Red Riding Hood and Shiloh Fernandez! Some funny parts too. Gary Oldman (Sirius Black in Harry Potter) and Billy Burke (Bella Swan's father in Twilight) were in there too! So it was a pretty cool cast. It was pretty difficult identifying them though. They look totes different from the roles they'd played in the past (obvs!). I loved the costumes in the movie too. They looked medieval in a way. And I just wish I could get my hands on Valerie's red cloak in the movie! The color is so absolutely beautiful - blood red! Envious! I didn't even expect this movie to be a total stand-out. Partly because it was directed by the same person of Twilight - Catherine Hardwicke! Don't get me wrong, I loved Twilight, but it def gets sickening after you've watched it at least thrice! The intro in Red Riding Hood even begins a little similar to how Twilight started! Panning of the trees and scenery and all that.

-- Review ends here! --

So on to the worser part of the day. I bought a saybons wild mushroom soup (4 bucks in the theater! Overly pricy!) and nachos. The cheese was so diluted, but I guess it was a good thing after all, in a way. Bec got Meatless Minestrone soup (same thing she had 2 days in a row!) and snuck that into the theater. Halfway through the movie, Bec gasped and I realized the nacho cheese had fallen off the armrest and onto her seat. Major unfortch! I was pretty sure I hadn't accidentally swung my elbow into the box either (or felt anything), so I had no idea how that happened. The cheese had dripped into her leather Roxy bag and on her shirt and shorts, and even on the seat (I apologize to the next person who sits at H-12)! Anyway, we both had to leave the theater to get to the restroom to clean up. Out of the dark cinema, we could see the cheese had gotten nearly everywhere! It even got a little bit of the zipper on her Juicy wallet :( We spent the longest time wasting the paper towels in the loo and cleaning off all the cheese. I felt so guilty for buying nachos after that. Remind me to get just popcorn in the future - it's that much cleaner.

Once we cleaned up the mess, we returned to the theater and decided not to return to our seats for the rest of the movie. After all, we'd have to disrupt so many people getting back to our center seats, right? We found a pair of seats in the back row. Turns out they were more expensive seats, since they were separated in pairs. They had gigantic armrests and were so much more comfy. Oh well.

This is the official movie poster for Red Riding Hood! That's the cloak I was talking about!
Anyway, we walked around after the movie and decided to go further up ahead at the Boardwalk! I managed to slip and land on my butt on a tiny little slope in my boots close to a little pool with wired human statues in it. Total PHAIL huh? Thank God there weren't much people around. Humiliating. We walked all the way back on the travelators (I love 'em!) once we reached the point we had to pay to enter. Depressing!

"Oh, grandmother, what big ears you have!"
"The better to hear you with".
"Oh, grandmother, what big eyes you have!"
"The better to see you with".
"Oh, grandmother, what big hands you have!"
"The better to grab you with".
"But, grandmother, what a dreadful big mouth you have!"
"The better to eat you with".
- The Brothers Grimm
(Little Red Riding Hood)
Share

0 ridiculously, rad comments:

Post a Comment

Comment freely, let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails