PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, June 16

Sweet Lolita!

This fashion spread is all about the pride of Harajuku, most famously known as lolita fashion! There's all kinds of lolita - two of the most common being gothic lolita and sweet lolita! Others include classic and punk lolita. The Lolita look consists primarily of a knee length skirt or dress, headdress, blouse, petticoat, knee high socks or stockings or high heeled/platform shoes. I'm just gonna go for the sweet instead for now! I love both kinds tho, don't get me wrong!
Anyways, more info on sweet lolita! It's called ama-loli (甘ロリ ama rori) in Japanese and it uses lighter pastels and childlike fantasy themes in its designs. Popular themes in the sweet Lolita are references to Alice in Wonderland, fruits, sweets and classic fairy tales.  Headdresses and bows are a popular hair accessory to the sweet Lolita look. Sweet lolita is heavily influenced by Rococo styles as well as Victorian and Edwardian clothing. All right, enough of the boring ol' information for now! 
A classic look as to how sweet Lolita styles go!
Amazingly detailed graphics here!
I just HAD to put this in here! A hamster being stroked by a sweet Lolita! Gotta love her complex nails.
Nice photography. Wait - why am I thinking about that here?! Love her lolita headband!
Whoa! Pink overload? I wish I was as fearless as them to dye my hair entirely pink!
Great style here. Would be even prettier if she wasn't riding an ol' rusty bike!
Wow, look at that. Candycane-striped tights and a cake for a mini-hat. She just oozes Christmas!
Fearlessly sweet on the streets of Nippon!
Omgosh, this is one of my fave pictures of all 'em lolitas! Not really feelin' that dress tho!
Finally, I thought I'd never see blue hair after all this time rummaging the net for lolita snaps! Cute bunny hat.
Much too childlike for moi. Loooove the pink boots and bonnet tho!
I'm thinking this is a girl group of some sort in Tokyo. Cute!
Cute lolita platform heels! Digging the black ones!
All right, I thought this looked vintage enough! Love the criss-crosses running through the tights!
And this is it for my fashion spread! While I was looking through these pictures, I was deadly wishing I'd bought more of such lolita clothes while in Harajuku, Tokyo just few months ago! All I got was a knitted beret and a white coat with cat ears attached to the hood and a tail to go along at the bottom of the coat from their cosplay stores. Bah. 
All credits goes to wiki and Kyandi!
"Chase down your passion like it's the last bus of the night."  
- Terri Guillemets
Share

0 ridiculously, rad comments:

Post a Comment

Comment freely, let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails